Friday, February 21, 2014

Indecisive Me

I am like the uncertainty between the Yin and the Yang,
The confusion amongst the Sun and the Moon.
My eyes get clouded around noon and soon I am full of blank.
"Hi, my name is Ma...Maria...Maya."
My identity is dependent on who and what I decide to be.
I snap like a threatned wolf in the middle of the woods but toss me a bone, and I transform into an abondoned cub. Confusion binds my cells together like magnets of individuality.
The waves around my island never travel the same direction.
Their varying moments make me stronger.
Bursting from experience I raise my rose buds from the broken concrete
so that they can breathe within the breeze.
As they grow, so do I.
With each breath I expand into a giant that cannot be stopped.
Stubborn looks stumble upon my broken promises and forgotten deals
until they can predict their presence.
 Decisions create me.
I have the right to change my mind.
Because if I don't, with time, my mind will change me.

No comments:

Post a Comment