Sunday, April 20, 2014

Maze of Horrors

Maze of Horrors 

Inhale deeply and expel the memories.
With each step, I grow lighter.
I am evolving to be less human.
Breathe again.
How easy it is to be tied down with smiles and whispers of forever in love.
The voices in my head grow with concern. Commitment.
Until one day, there is nothing. No sounds to accompany the ticking clock that keeps track of heartache.
Even the voices have gone.
I have mistakenly shown my true self.
They have seen the things they wish they had not.
Scary things that lurk in the shadows, the same things that cause me to flinch at
"I love you".
My head spins in an awful maze.
I fold my will to find a way out but, I never can.
This horror maze is my home.
On the walls you can see visions of Barbies and dreams.
Sounds of "This time is different" shakes the maze grounds.
Friends, family, and lovers come and go because they realize in order to truly be mine
they have to live in my maze of horrors.
They always run.

No comments:

Post a Comment